[VAC] Challenges with windows

Hello Everyone,
I'm stuck but my windows are not!  I had to replace the glass (plexi) in 2 of the windows of my '68 Land Yacht and they won't stay in!  When I read the manual's section for replacing windows it said "8.  The bedding tape should remain adhered to the glass bar and hinge.  If the tape is damaged, replacement tape is available at your dealers service center."  There is no bedding tape and noone around here has even heard of it so...I tried putty tape but the window won't go all the way in so latches will latch and it doesn't really hold it in anyway...anyone know where I can get bedding tape or a facsimile or have any other suggestions for me?
Thanks
Bev