[VAC] Re: Vintage Puller

Dear Dr. G.
        As always you make good points.  I will look into increasing the size of the rear tires to get a bit better "ratio".  As to my affording the spare, it had more to do with timing.  I have poured so much dough into this puller because I fancy the idea of classic 66 Ford pulling a classic 66 Airstream.  The spare tire also included all the tire mounting apparatus which is one more reason why I can't get my dual exhaust pipes back to the rear.

I am also designing a Reese hitch that will not interfere with the telescoping rear step bumper.  I would like to retain it's functionality.  That should also answer Dan Weeks comment about why to dump exhaust forward of rear wheels.

Glad to hear that 4:10 rear is good.  Also glad to hear that dual exhaust don't cause problems with engine braking.

Dr. G.  I sympathize with the gas mileage question.  At least this 66 Camper Special has three 60 gallon tanks so with the new tires I might get almost 700 miles per fillup . . . Gulp!
Bob