[VAC] Re: Vintage Trailers, Vintage Patinas

  Hummmmmmm.  Maybe we will have to have an informal "Best
Maintained Original Patina", "Deepest Dullest Patina" or
"Most Characteristic Trailer" award at the Rocky Mountain
VAC Rally this August 8-12 in Estes Park, CO.  People at sea
level who shine their trailer to a mirror finish in order to
see it through the high humidity ambient haze may not
realize that a mirror-finish trailer will reflect at least
14% more sunlight in our high altitude, low humidity thin
air. [It will be their chance to truly shine].  Attendees
will have to wear higher SPF sunglasses to admire such
shinny trailers in Estes Park.  I foresee our mirror lens
sunglasses polishing seminar will be jammed with people
wanting to learn how to protect themselves from higher
altitude levels of reflected lumens.  However, Polaroid
sunglasses should remain effective against all but the
shiniest trailer buffed with any type of orbital polisher.
Its those darned parallel linear polishers that give
Polaroid wearing Airstream enthusiasts fits.

  This all just goes to show you that the knowledge and
skills necessary to fully appreciate the large variety of
vintage Airstream trailers in the VAC is, like our Universe,
forever expanding......
Fred Coldwell
VAC Archive Historian
Denver, CO