[VAC] Re: Clearcoat VS Polish...Discuss

Jeff, with me it's a question of preference and labor or money. One thing that sets the vintage trailers apart is the aluminum that will take a polish. If I didn't have or didn't want to spend the money on having my unit polished professionally I would leave it alone. If I were physically unable or unwilling to polish it myself, I'd leave it unpolished and oxidized. I'm still on the oxidized and clear coat flaking off side of my restoration project but I'm planning to polish it myself. It's a good excuse to buy more power tools and learn a new restoration technique. And unlike the desirable patina on a Tiffany lamp, I believe a polish job would increase the value of a vintage trailer for most buyers. Polishing increases it's value to me and my appreciation of it. But it's a personal preference. Others will have different ideas.

Jim Greene
still grungy ' 68 Tradewind