[VAC] A newbie with a 1962 Tradewind

Hi Everyone!

I am new to the list and could use some sound advice.

We just purchased a 1962 Tradewind 24 for restoration. It is a center bed,
rear bath configuration.
FWIW, the serial number is 242T848.

The body is in excellent shape. The only dent or ding is about a 1" high by
7" long scrape on the streetside of the body. Other than that, there isn't a
mark on the unit including the roof. It has a TV antenna mounted on the
curbside front of the unit. I gather that after looking at some pictures of
restored units that the TV antenna was a factory option? By the way, I'm not
really hung up on TV in a trailer, this monstrous antenna just happens to be
there.

The interior is original as far as I can tell. It's in decent shape. The
woodwork appears to be sort of a pickled oak plywood, not a dark wood at
all. It has the original Dometic Gas refrigerator which the owner says still
works. The present owner installed a modern water heater though he still has
the outside covers from the original HW heater.  He had the original furnace
removed though, again, he has the outside covers from the original. He has
not replaced the furnace.

To keep the myriad questions we have about the unit to a minimum, the bottom
line is that we would like to have the unit restored professionally. We live
in North Central PA. Would anyone know of a professional restorer in the
Northeast that I might contact? All the ones on the net that I can find are
on the West Coast which is just a little too far from PA.

We could sure use some good advice.

Sincerely,

Al Ries