[VAC] Re: Bowen Parts, Online catalogs

Greg,
 I'd bet that you can get a new thermocouple from your local hardware
store, they're pretty standard. The main difference between them is the
length of the wire. (which looks like copper tubing). My local True
Value sells thermocouples for around $5.00.

Symptoms of a bad thermocouple are that the pilot won't stay lit when
you release the safety over-ride button a minute or so after you're lit
it. Often, it's just a bad connection; try loosening the connection on
the gas valve and re-tightening it. The nut should be just a bit more
than "snug", don't reef on it.

                                  <<Jim>>