[VAC] Re: Pergo

Jeff:

Great! The stuff's pretty easy to work with. I used a fine tooth carbide
blade on my table saw, and it cut beautifully. Measure twice, etc. I think
for my trailer I'll use the more expensive underlayment foam, as it is also
a moisture barrier and better sound deadener, though I used the cheaper
stuff in the house and it worked fine. Only problem I had was that I went
through two of the cheap plastic "tapping blacks" supplied with the
installation kit. They just disintegrate after a while. But for doing a
small floor as on a trailer you might get by. I also used the (Expensive!)
color-matched caulk, which is water-based and very easy to work with/clean
up. THey say you can also use silicone, but I think the price difference was
worth the better results. Also, there's no silicone odor, which can be
pretty overwhelming in a small space. Hardest part of my kitchen
installation was leveling the floor, which of course is not an issue in a
trailer. let me know how it goes!

Dan