[VAC] Re: Vintage air conditioners

Jim,
     I work in the HVAC buisiness and it is my opinion that if you are
getting intermitant cooling that the unit is more than likely to be good. It
may need a good cleaning & some other attention , the biggest problem you
face is finding someone who will look at it if you are unable or unhandy. If
you are willing to tackle it I may be able to at least point you in the
right direction. Cheers ,James (Happy owner of a '68 Caravel with factory
AC)