[VAC] Re: Re Packing Wheel Bearings

Gerald,
 My buddy uses plain old EP #2 gun grease on his trailer, but I've
always used "Wheel Bearing Grease". As you say, it's rated for higher
temps than regular grease.

A hydraulic press is very nice for installing new outer bearing races,
but you seldom have to do that if you take care of things. And, it's far
from impossible to install them w/o a press; I don't always use mine
even now that I have one. (behind the B'port in this picture:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/jdunmyer/others/aug10_08.jpg)

                                              <<Jim>>