[VAC] Re: mileage while towing w/ diesels

The mileage really depends on the differential.  I have a '98 Ram diesel,
but have 4WD, quad cab, and a 4:10 rear end.  I get 17 solo and 14 towing a
'68 - 28' airstream.  In fact, I got the same mileage towing a 9800# boat.
That is with the A/C on, cruise, and about 69 - 72 MPH.  I've talked to
other Ram owners without the 4:10 differential and 2WD and they got more
like 25 MPG solo and 18+ towing.  Lots of variables, but I'll never go back
to gas for towing.  So much torque, smooth, and great handling.  Admittedly
a big up front cost, but with a 100K warranty, so much power etc.,  I
believe its worth it.
Pete