[VAC] Re: Axle?'s

Jeff:
I have been the rebuild route and from the numbers I have seen on this
list, I think you will find the new Henschen axle complete with new brake
assemblies would be the route to take... I had some installation dollars in
the totals, but the new units complete with shipping to your area would be
about the same ...As far as plates or weld directly to frame... I am sure
that if welding was as good a method, Airstream would still do it....The
rubber parts in the axle might be affected and my guess is that the sag set
in long before the 40 years went by..One of the experienced members in this
area is rctowns@attglobal.net (Tuna).  With a little luck, he will pick up
on this thread...( I am sure that others are as experienced and I don't
mean to rank the members, just that Tuna's recent experience comes to mind..)

Good luck in your efforts, sounds like a great project....

Jim