[VAC] Re: Swamp Coolers

         Reply to:   RE: [VAC] Swamp Coolers
Grew up with an evaporative (swamp) cooler in the '60's - no fancy
refrigerated air for us (no electrical energy crisis either).

If the humidity is low, the air coming out of one feels like ice cubes -
especially at 120 deg's.  Now try it in high humidity, and the temp drop
is practically nothing - just more soggy!

The inlaws have a unit like this in their motorhome, and echo the same
sentiments.  I guess the laws of physic's haven't changed the last 40
years.

Our "new" '57 Flying Cloud has a late 1950's "Cool Air" evaporative unit
on it. It still works! It is rather ungainly looking though. They are
simple in operation and design.
RJ
VintageAirstream.com