[VAC] Re: Water Tank Cap <- way to secure?

The water cap on my 69 appears designed not to be air tight. There are two
cut outs into the interior diameter of the screw surface. There is no
gasket. I always assumed this was to ventilate the tank as water is drawn
from it.  My motorhome has a separate vent small plastic tube, which has the
added benefit of also venting air as water is poured into the tank.  My
trailer likes to spit a little back at ya.

Jim