[VAC] Re: Bath tub Gelcoat repair

Tim,
If you can wait three or four days I can tell you all about it.  I am in the process of repairing the sink/counter top of my 72 tradewind rear bath. I have repaired some holes with fiberglass underneath and have done some looking around at paints. I am out on sick leave for twelve weeks (elbow surgery) I am frequently at the doctor's office. Have you ever been in a waiting room that did not have a boating magazine? I have discovered Pettit Easypoxy. It is a one part paint that is made for above the water line. The manufacturer says it  will hold up fine on the bottom of a boat that is kept out of water and not left in the water for more than two days at a time. That is certainly less exposure to water than my sink will have to face. I drove to 50 miles to Annapolis Md to find the stuff. The dealer said it will work fine for what I want it to do, and that it is easy to work with. It comes in 26 colors. I chose "off white" hoping to have my sink not stand out in the 29 year yellow bathroom. The cost is about $20 a quart. We should be glad we own trailers and not boats, I saw paints and varnishes for $160 a gallon! I will be paying another $20 as my dog knocked the can of my bench and it spilled. Pettit is said to be the very top of the line in marine finishes, they have a web site www.pettitpaint.com .

                                                            I'll let you Know
                                                             Frank Streeks