[VAC] Re: Drapes

We had the same problem on our '76, and, after looking at the work involved (neither one os can sew worth a hoot), checked with Oasis RV, and ordered new ones through them...about $630, as I recall. Much cheaper than the fellow in Florida, and they are made by/for Airstream, so they are a perfect fit.

A bit harder to install than the service manual shows, tho, but well worth it. We have the rear bath model, and the snaps on the bottom of the windows in the sleeping area were riveted in and had to be drilled out to get the old curtains out. These snaps were replaced with threaded studs, available at most auto upholstery shops. The end caps on the top 'valance' in front were brittle, and one of them broke, so will have to replace it.

They sure do brighten the rig up, tho.

Bob Hightower '76 31' Sovereign