[VAC] Re: furnace

Scott,
 If the furnace has electronic controls, I'd probably look there first.

Start by making certain that the thermostat is indeed 'closed'. You can
check for gas pressure by removing the plug at the valve and connecting
a manometer or low-pressure guage, but you probably have gas pressure.
If you've run all the other appliances, the air should be pretty well
purged from the lines; the rest should purge as you attempt to light it.

Does this outfit work like the older ones, with the motor coming on
immediately when the 'stat calls for heat? If so, does the motor
actually run? Is the sail switch making up (closing)? Is it perhaps
stuck?

Once you're sure that the mechanicals are working, you're stuck with
looking at the electronics. As someone else said, these things tend to
be all too fragile. In some cases, Suburban mounted the PC board in a
hot area so it can be ruined by heat; I've heard of folks actually
relocating the board by lengthening the wires, etc.

Does the manual have a sequence of operation? Does your copy of
Livingston's book cover your model?

                               <<Jim>>