[VAC] Re: 7 Pin Wiring Electrical Connector

My '68 owner's manual shows the same trailer wire colors, but not the
same pin connections. My dad had already converted to the modern 7 pin
connections so I didn't have to do anything but connect corresponding
pins then I replaced the plug last year. It was faster to replace the
plug than to try to clean it for reliable contact. Then I coated the
mating surfaces with dielectric silicone grease to slow down corrosion
and I use a ball cover as a plug cover to keep more water out. I have a
commercial cover that fits closer, but I haven't yet applied it.

Gerald J.