[VAC] Re: hookup with 6 pin round connector

I towed my 18' (16' body) 1948 Boles Aero for nearly 1500 miles
without the electric brakes being connected. In fact, I've never
towed it with the brakes connected. My tow vehicles* weigh 6000 lbs
and have great brakes so it wasn't a huge deal but I do intend to use
the trailer electrical brakes at some point. I'll have to move to the
6 (7?) pin round connector from the 4 pin connector that are on my
trailers now.

Anyone have a spec/source/URL for the pinouts of that "new" (to me)
round connector that people are wiring for these days? I assume the
added pins are brake and backup light. Anything else?

wayne

* 1985 Mercedes 280GE Geländewagen cabrio
* 2000 Mercedes  G500 Geländewagen cabrio