[VAC] Towing w/ Toyoto 4x4

Don't laugh, but what do you think of towing a 22 ' FC
about 300 miles of mostly flat freeway driving.  There
are some hills.  For this one run, would I "need" sway
bars, trans coolers, trans temp gauges, etc.  For
those that know the route, it is up through the desert
from the Salton Sea, west on 10 to I-15 then south to
San Diego

My Toy is a V-6 and tow rated at 5000 lbs, but my
guess that is downhill with a tail wind.  It is a TDO
model and has heavy duty springs.  The only thing I
would worry (other than running off the road) is the
trans.  It is an automatic.  I can downshift and go
slow up the hills and monitor the engine but I don't
know how to monitor the trans, other than buy a temp
gauge.  But if the trans did heat up, I would be at
the top of the hill by the time I knew it.  These are
rolling hills not mountain hills.

This would be a one time deal, so I don't want to put
a lot of money into this.

thanks for the input