[VAC] Re: Robin generators

Hi TunaI dont like propane for a couple of reasons
(1) when used in a internal combustion engine the engine will not develope as
much power as it well on gas.
I have driven dual fule trucks in Centeral America and when climing hills it
was necessary to switch back to gas.
(2) The straw that broke the camel's back was when the fridge died The cost
of a new one approched$1000. A 4.9cf fridge in elictric costs $200 draws 1
amp at 110volts. The gas fridge took all day to cool dowand eather never got
cold enough or froze eavery thing in the fridge. The pilot on the hot water
heater would blow out if the wind was right. the pilots on the stove were
chancy at the best the stove is going to the dump being replaced with a hot
plate and electric skillet the gas range heated up the trailer when being
used.We normaly used a microwave when we had full hookups.
We are going all electric the AC has a heatstrip which is sufficent .(we are
not going anywhere it is freezing)
(3) no gas bottles to have resertified no pluming to shake loose again  no
regulators to go bad.
We can have full comfort whereaver we stop and no worries aboute any
explosive fule.
Diesel is the saifest of the carbon based fules and the most efficent.
Jim Smith
!965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross)