[VAC] Re: The VACList reminder - List Office

Lefty,
 I unsubscribe from all of the "busy" lists when I travel because I
can't depend on a reliable, daily connection. And, I don't want to deal
with 300 messages (or more!) when I finally do connect.

Actually, using Web-Based email and/or mailing lists can work out well
while travelling because you can sometimes get Web access at a Library
or other place where you cannot get your regular Email.

However, during our trip last Winter, we had little trouble connecting
every few days, using EarthLink and their nationwide phone number
network. We were able to use our regular POPmail server, so didn't need
to change our address or anything. And, we could connect for a few
minutes to Get our mail, then do so again later or the next day to Send
all of our mail. When you use Web-based mail, you must remain connected
during all of your reading/writing, this is not always possible when
you're using the C.G.'s phone line. Besides the fact that you don't want
to intrude on their operation.

                                              <<Jim>>