[VAC] Infamous Black Water Tank Problem

As I suspected and some of you suggested, the corrosion of the black water tank pan and supports on my ' 68 Tradewind was caused by a cracked and leaking black water tank. I need a new tank. Can someone remind me of the place (was it in New Hampshire?) that would make a replacement tank at a reasonable price. I'm assuming existing cataloged tanks can't be adapted and it has to be custom made to fit Airstream plumbing.

Incidentally, a local RV technician said that some trailers drained the bathroom lavatory water into the black water tank. Was this ever done on Airstreams?  Surely not. Sounds like a bad plan to me.

Thanks for your much needed help with my replacement tank problem.

Jim Greene