[VAC] Re: Wanted - Opinions on Intelli-Power and StatPower TrueCharge

Oliver,
 I bought a StatPower 20 Smart Charger from the StatPower web site. It
was a "factory refurb" and sold for quite a bit less than new, but had
only a 30-day warranty, IIRC. It took me several months before I got
around to installing it, then used it little or not at all due to my
solar system. Last Winter, we took off on an extended trip and it failed
about 2 weeks after getting on the road. Because of being on the road
and needing a replacement, I elected to go with an Inteli-Power with
Charge Wizard from Camping World.

The StatPower worked fine before crapping out, and the Inteli-Power has
been working great ever since. Both are true 3-stage chargers that will
bring a 'low' battery back to 80% charged fairly quickly, then tapering
off for the final charge. Both are silent in operation and very
lightweight.

Since having both, I much prefer the I.P. because it's easier to mount
(doesn't have to be vertical) and has twice the output capabilities. It
works exactly as advertised, pushing the voltage to 14.2 for the Bulk
Charge, 13.8 for the finish charge, then dropping to 13.2 for
maintainence. Once every 24 hours or so, it goes back to the 14.2 for 15
minutes to keep the electrolyte from stratifying. The StatPower has a
manual button for the equalizing charge.

There are others around, but that's what I'm familiar with from
first-hand experience.

                                           <<Jim>>