[VAC] Re: Electrical Independence/URL

Thanks for the link, Jim, interesting article.  I happen to have an old
Briggs & Stratton lawnmower that I don't use; unfortunately it's a
vertical shaft and even the "simple" instructions for a horizontal shaft
motor sound pretty complex after all, when you start thinking of all
the details.  My old mower is pretty noisy, and also stinky when it's
running; I wouldn't want to be using it for any length of time.  I
assume a 3 hp lawnmower engine and a 3 hp generator would get about the
same "mileage" in terms of gas consumption per watts generated, and
also in the charging time?  Also others have mentioned previously that
the Honda is very quiet and clean in operation -- how would you
compare it to an old putt-putt mower in noise & stink?

--Sarah