[VAC] Re: Hydraulic brake controllers

Joy,

It is extremely unlikely, unless you are towing on ice or snow, that you
will activate rear ABS brakes or lock up the front brakes of your tow
vehicle when towing if you are using a properly adjusted and appropriate
brake controller.

The additional weight contributed by the tongue weight of the trailer will
provide better traction at the rear wheels of your tow vehicle and the
combination of tow vehicle and trailer brakes properly synchronized should
prevent front brake lock-up in all but the most extreme white-knuckle panic
stop with trailer brakes locked also.

Airstreams typically have braking ability exceeding their weight.  I have
found that with the K-H controller (not the Tekonsha pendulum-type) I have
better stopping ability while towing than when operating the truck alone.

Harvey