[VAC] Skin care for a clear-coated '77 Excella???

I am ready to take on the task of polishing/ waxing my fairly recently
acquired 77 Excella.  My clear-coat is in extremely nice condition and I want
to preserve it as best possible, but am not sure of what to use.  I have
followed the info on stripping and polishing, but I am just interested in
preserving and replenishing the luster I have.  Is a basic clear-coat cleaner
followed by wax acceptable?  Is Walbernizer recommended for the clear-coat
finishes?   Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I want to get this project underway now that the days are long and before the
summer heat sets in.

Thanks, John
Atlanta