[VAC] Re: Hauling for Hire

In the 1980s I used to deliver new sail boats 18ft to 24 ft I used to charge
$.90 per mile . It was not realy profitable as I always had to dead head back.
As far as insurance I never bothered to tell my Ins co that the truck was
being used in interstate commerce The boats were mine until the dealer
recieved them.
You are in a differant situtation you are towing something that does not
belong to you and as soon as you hook up to it you are responcable for any
thing that might happen to it.My brotherinlaw was sued tor damaging a car
that was strander in a ditch out in the countrylate one night he volenteered
to pull the car out of the ditch andthe towchain slipped and caused minor
damage . He lost and had to pay. So be warned
Jim Smith