[VAC] Re: Rot and Resin

I checked the price of Boat life  Get Rot and saw that a 1qt unit lists for
$49.34 and the end grain sealer was much higher.My source for the pinitrating
epoxy is $19.90 for a 2qt unit.I have no doubt that the Boat Life products
are good but way over priced.  The get rot  resin will not do anything that
pinetrating epoxy will not do.You must understand that Almost all the Epoxies
are manufactured by 2 major corps. Ashland& Shell chemical co.Distrubators
and large Manufactures buy by the drum&tank truck load.wholesale companies
repackage with their company name and redistrubite to retailers and each one
has a markup on the price. in some cases compainys cut the material with
solvents so when you buy from your friendly auto parts store or your faverote
department store you have no ida what you are getting no does the sales
person know what he is selling.
I have used both rid rot and the pinetrating epoxy and find no differance in
the end results> in many cases you are paying for a fancy package and a lot
of hipe.You pay your money and take your choice.
Jim Smith