[VAC] Re: Water Heaters

Hi, Wayne .....

The tankless water heaters do have some appeal but they are pretty pricey are they not?  No prices were given on the Precision Temp web site. What is installation like? As I read the specs, the Precision Temp heater is not as wide as the Atwood and Suburban tank heaters. Does that make for installation problems?  I couldn't find the special directions for retrofitting mentioned on the specs web page. Can you point me to those directions?

Also, the ignition and temperature controls seem more complicated than a tank type heater. How is the reliability of the electronics and controls on the Precision Temp unit? Wouldn't want the circuit boards to get zapped by campground power surges. I gather it vents the exhaust gases the same way as the tank heaters vent --i.e., out the access door vents. Is that the way it works?

I do like the idea of endless hot water. No doubt my wife and daughter would like it too. Hmmmm.

Jim Greene