[VAC] Re: sewer hookups

Hi John,
    First the answer to your "Sewer Solution" query; they will work anywhere you have water with at least 15 PSI pressure. I routinely use mine at regular Campgrounds, with the Blackwater valve closed and the gray water valve open, they drain just like the normal sewer lines. When it comes time to dump, you need a short length of water hose, DON'T USE YOUR WHITE FRESHWATER HOSE!!!!! This gets connected to the s/s at the dump valve and you alternately flush/rinse until nothing but clear water is evident in the see-through drain hose. If you go this route, you will need a Valterra to Thetford adapter, available at most  RV supplies it wouldn't hurt(if you're Vintage like me) to install a gray water valve at a convenient spot near the intersection of the gray water and dump valve plumbing. Reason is two-fold, keeps from backing water up into your tub/sink/ and lets you isolate gray water when needed. Hook it up and flush away.
    The other conventional choice is the "Stinky Slinky", you'll still need the Valterra to Thetford adapter,and in addition the 3 inch hose and fittings to adapt to the campground's waste piping. To rinse your tank, you'll either have to hold your toilet flush valve open or bring a hose into the bathroom.
    Any questions, feel free to contact me.
                                                                Walt Sandy
S. W. Sandy
WBCCI # 4159 & VAC