[VAC] Re: Propane lamps

Olympus lamps are available off the shelf at WalMart for about $15.  They also have replacement globes.  The lamp has a long rubber hose that screws into standard LP gas outlets (like a Coleman stove or catalytic heater.)

I had an available low power fitting near my galley.  I fabricated a connection to standard flex hose and then attached the Olympus lamp.  It worked fine.  The Coleman Catalytic heater did not work at the same connection so I assume that the Olympus runs on a lower pressure than some other camping type gas appliances.

The Olympus fixture has a chain that enables you to hang it in a variety of places.  I opted to install it on a standard five gallon LP tank with a "tree" enabling connection of the Coleman Catalytic heater and a small LP gas burner.  I use it outside the coach on the patio.

But if I really need extra light and heat I bring the tank and light and heater inside.
My choice not to connect it permanently inside was made because I already have a propane light and fluros and all stock lights.  That's more than enough candlepower than I could need.  One last thing.  Since my puller is a camper van I take the propane system whenever I go on an overnighter.  It is a lifesaver when it gets cold and damp.
Bob