[VAC] Re: Electrical panel

Subject: [VAC] Electrical panel

Nick, That little red light is indeed the polarity indicator. If it glows
red, you have reversed the Hot and Neutral infeeds. What this means is your
trailer skin and chassis (to which  all things are grounded, including
Neutral) will be HOT, or energised. Contact with same, depending on how
isolated you are from ground (or Earth as the rest of the world calls it)
best case: dry desert sand, thick soled rubber soled shoes, you might feel a
tingle when standing outside and touching the trailer. Worst case: barefoot,
at the beach, standing in a puddle of salt water...ZZZAAAAAPPPP.
    I have heard (only anecdotal)  stories of pets fried when  transitioning
between trailer and  outdoors, so far I've only filed them in my "urban
legends/camping" archives.
    To see if it works, use a "cheater" plug (2 prong with a ground tab to
be connected to the outlet) and reverse the power cord. the light should
glow red. I've checked mine and it does work.
                                                        Walt Sandy
S. W. Sandy
WBCCI # 4159 & VAC
Region 2 VAC Representative