[VAC] water, was DC TVs

Dan,
 I use a 25-gallon sprayer tank that I bought from Northern and a 12VDC
pump from MicroMark. URLs are http://www.northern-online.com and
http://www.micromark.com respectively.

The tank is about 36" long and 12" diameter, the pump is a tiny
submersible outfit, meant to be used in minature fountains, etc. It will
pump about 2 or 3 gallons/minute and has a long piece of 3/8" ID tygon
tubing attached so the tank can remain in the truck and push water to
the trailer's inlet near the back. I attached a couple of "bullet"
connectors to the power tounge jack wires, with matching connectors on
the pump, using the female bullet on the '+' wire at the jack to prevent
shorting.

I got the idea from another Listee (Hi, Bill!), who uses a regular Blue
Boy tank, clearly labeled so as to not confuse it with the one used for
waste water. We often attend engine shows and take the golf cart along,
so I made a rig to carry the tank on the cart's seat. I also have an
attachment to pick up power from the cart's batteries for the pump.

This rig works great for hauling water to the trailer in boondocking
situations. The pump and tubing are stored in the trailer in a small
TupperWare-type of container, the tank stays in the truck. Originally, I
bought one of those 7-gallon water totes, but that thing is HEAVY when
lifting it to pour into the trailer. I figure that Ben Franklin invented
electricity for good reasons, and this is one of 'em. <<grin>>

                                               <<Jim>>