[VAC] Re: Invertors / transformers

Bob,
 The only downside I can think of is that you'll now need a cord, and a
decent sized one at that, probably #14 guage. The drill might run a bit
slower also.

Be sure to get the polarity correct or you'll probably let all of the
factory smoke out of the drill.

You could and probably should break out your meter and do some
experiments. I don't think that charging the batteries for your portable
appliances from an inverter will be all THAT inefficient. First of all,
you're usually using shore power anyway, and things like the drill are
unlikely to be used in a boondocking situation. At least enough to need
a battery charge before being able to reconnect. It looks to me like
you're considering going to a lot of trouble for darn little (if any)
energy savings.

                                 <<Jim>>