[VAC] Re: Invertors / transformers

The (Cordless Drill) 14.4 volts probably means 12 cells of NiCd. Charging voltage is more like 17.4 volts.

Could I achieve this voltage if I add a second storage battery OR is there a circuit that would allow the single 12 volt battery to step up to the 17.4 volts?  Same question on the 19 volt computer.

Can't be sure about the Sony.

Turns out the SONY is only 7.5 volts so the Radio Shack system should convert.

Cordless phone, maybe. If it truly runs on 12 volts DC from the walwart
then you should be able to connect it to the trailer 12 volt battery.

It is definitely 12 volt so should go straight through

Same thing for the message machine, though it probably needs a voltage
regulator to give it 9 volts.

Radio shack does sell an adjustable voltage car adapter for portable
devices with inputs of 3 to 12 volts.

All in all this is very promising.  I would hope to build a "station" where all these items can be centralized to get their power.  Any suggestions on where it would best be wired into the coach would be appreciated.

Bob