[VAC] 5th wheel - contrarian position

Here's a thought.  If someone decides to turn a '55
flying cloud into a psuedo SOB - the value of the
original - relatively rare '55's goes UP.

Airstreams, IMHO, are of the finest in industrial
design.  They're not real rare, and WAM, you being one
of the more well defined "collectors" I know, will be
certain to maintain a restoration standard (as I will)
that will insure that fine examples of the old
trailers remain on the road. In tact.

This isn't the first time that a 5th wheel has been
mentioned, and in fact, didn't Airstream make a 5th
wheel version in the 80's?

ah well.  to each his own - I've kinda been looking
forward to seeing Tuna's lowrider '49 with all the
tech mods rolling down the road in Reno behind that
purple Prowler...

Toby

p.s. I won't get excited about mods until I hear of
someone who recycles Airstreams for a living by
CRUSHING them... Although I'd probably suggest (s)he
take all the 1960 tradewinds off the road so mine
would be worth more (only teasing.)