[VAC] Re: Self adhesive vinyl tile problem

I'm not sure if you got any replies to this or not.
Just checking my mail for the first time in a week. And thought I'd include my two cents worth.
When applying vinyl tile to a wooden floor, specifically any self adhesive floor covering you should make sure the floor is as clean as possible. Then before laying the tile you need to, or should, apply the adhesion promoter which is made for self adhesive vinyl tile. A lot of retailers will talk consumers out of this because once the tile touches it, it's stuck which makes correcting mistakes almost impossible. Also since you may not have a floor roller, use something that you can stand on to evenly distrbute your weight and apply pressure to each section of all the tile for proper adhesion of the tile after installation.
I know you wish you'd known this before but it can help to save some frustration on improperly replacing loose tile. You may be able to salvage what you have. Just do a section at a time providing the tile still has some adhesive left. If not you can get a can of vinyl tile adhesive and reinstall it. You will still want to use the promoter though.
Take care
Bobby Gill
Valdosta, GA
<