[VAC] Re: Awning clearance

Jim,

If I understand your request for measurements correctly the distance between trailer body and the awning's vertical support arm is normally approximately 1" at the bottom and the distance at the top is controlled by the awning's horizontal fabric roller which fits snugly against the trailer at the top.  Without going outside to look, my memory tells me that the arms are cast aluminum which cannot be bent without likely causing serious damage.  My apologies if I am misunderstanding your question.

I recommend you contact Zip-Dee (assuming that you do in fact have a Zip-Dee product) for advice and assistance.  The company has a well-earned reputation for quality products and service and they may surprise you how helpful they can be.  Zip Dee may be able to sell you the parts you need to make the conversion at a modest price and certainly should be able to fax or mail you an exploded picture of awning parts and installation.

Harvey Barlow
WBCCI # 1171, WDCU, VAC