[VAC] Re: Compact Flourescent Bulbs

Jodi,
 The 12VDC fluorescent fixtures use a 120-volt tube, only the "ballast"
(power supply) is 12-volts. I replaced my old fixtures with Camping
World's #6074, a square fixture with a 21-watt tube. The catalog says
that it draws 1.9 amps. I did the replacement on both of our trailers
because of our camping where we have no power hookups, and the power
savings was significant.

Now, you either like fluorescent lighting or you don't. My wife happens
to like lots of LIGHT, as do I, but many folks don't care for the
effect. I guess it's up to you.

                                     <<Jim>>