[VAC] Re: Stupid Newbie Question....

All of the ovens I have been around from my 61 A/S to early 90's in a box
trailer have a position for pilot on the oven knob. The problem is that the
operation is sometimes not clear. Sometimes the knob has "pilot off" in
small letters then going clockwise is OFF then the temp numbers. Others have
"OFF" then "pilot on" then temp numbers. In either case you start by finding
the end of the little pilot tube inside the oven ,beside the main burner,
where the pilot is located. Then turn the oven knob to the first position to
the right of the ccw end, either "OFF" or "pilot on", then hold flame up to
the pilot and it should light. After a few minuites of burning you should be
able to turn knob to a heat setting and the main burner should come on. I
think the knobs with the first position of "pilot off" are misleading. I
have run into a couple of trailerists complaining of a gas smell around the
stove. What I found was they were turning the knob to "OFF" thinking the
oven was off. The "pilot off" position to the left of "OFF" does not show up
well.