[VAC] Re: Bambi owners manual

David,

The Bambi's originally came with 13" wheels. .................... My 1961 Bambi
has been converted over to 14" wheels and has Aluminum slot mags on it. Seems
most 14" tires have a higher load rating than the 13" do. I run Toyo Z800 Plus
for tires which some have said is an "over kill" for tire quality for just a
Bambi. All I know is that in seven years of much travel I've never had tire
troubles and the trailer handles great at all speeds & in all kinds of weather.
This includes high speed interstates in summer desert heat with the Suburban &
trailer heavily loaded. If you get different wheels you need to be careful on
the width & offset. If you decide to run radial tires you need to be careful
with the width. There isn't much extra room in the wheel well area and you need
to be able to get the tires changed when on the road if need be. Also a lot of
the older Airstreams have more room on one side than the other so you need to
check both sides to be safe.

There is no owner's manual for the Bambi that I've been told. I have a copy of a
"made up" one that should be available for down loading from the Club's web
site.

Pat