[VAC] Re: A Modest Proposal

That's the very thought I had as a way to show tribute to Bill..... a Vintage
 Airstream party. That would be very much to Bill's liking. The restoration
idea is a good thought but it would be riddled with problem causing details
and get complicated very quickly.(and worst of all fueding)
I think an informal gathering with no planned outings with relaxation and
enjoying our Vintage Airstreams and most importantly each other's company as
the main event. If a few folks want to run around checking out the local
sceanery...have at it. Those that wanna just sit around munchin',chatting,
drinkin',nappin',listnin' to the birdies chirp and the sound of the breeze
through the leaves ...knock yer self out.
I also feel the Bill Scott Memorial rally should move around the country
like Bill did with his Bambi not be at the same location year after year. For
many folks a central location is still too far away to participate. A rally
that moves around would give those of us that can't get away long distance
the oppertunity to participate in this special  rally. For those that are
fortunate enough to have the time to go on a long trip,they would get to
enjoy a different place each year.
Just pick a time and place each year and gather there to discuss and enjoy
our hobby/passion, and let everybody know where and when. If you're stuck for
a place to go throw a dart at a map from across the room or put some location
names in a hat, or go to places Bill liked to go to......Besides... there is
plenty of mutlple experience on this list to keep an annual rally going . I
don't think there is much  experience at non proffit community restoration
prodjects. Helping each other when we can with one another's restoration
prodjects would be very Bill.
That's my two strips of latnum.  Trike 5384