[VAC] Re: tow with fresh tank/tank sizes

Is the 50 gallon tank under the axles an aftermarket
feature or one that was included in the factory
package from Airstream in later models? I'm still not
sure how many gallons my '59 Ambassador originally
held as the water tank is missing -  Might anyone
suggest where I would find a tank to fit in the
original resting place, in the front dinette area? The
space doesn't look like it would hold a very large
tank. It has a 10 gallon water heater located under
the galley sink... I was guessing the water tank to be
about 20 or 30 gallons??? My dad works for an RV
place, but I haven't checked there yet because I
figured it would not be an item still in production. I
would also like to know other places to locate
tanks.... the axle area sounds kind of neat,
especially if it really adds a little extra safety. I
was thinking it would be good to balance my heaviest
stuff over the axle area (I have all that space where
a twin bed used to be and the drawers under the
remaining bed - it is the "two-twin beds in the
center" floorplan).

Jill