[VAC] Re: Airstream Geneology was Vintage Airstreams

I have wondered about the genealogy of our trailer also...The VIN is
I27T2S1427, mfg in 1972 in CA, possibly sold in Florida, or maybe just
serviced there?  There is a nameplate from C.J.Stoll, Inc. Florida above
the Airstream nameplate.  The VIN and name of the original purchaser (I
think, or maybe the salesman, hehe), WISEMORE, are on the blue stripes
on the Airstream nameplate.  There ghost WBCCI numbers, 5090, are on the
trailer (we now have #5040).  I have papers that show it was sold by an
RV dealer in Kirkland, WA, in 1977 to a couple named Whitlow from
Kansas.  They had the trailer serviced at Brassfield Travel Trailers,
HWY 66, in Bethany, OK, several times, until it again appeared and was
licensed in Washington in 1997.

My question, to anyone who has old WBCCI directories, do the names
Wisemore or Whitlow match with #5090 for any of the time from 1972
through 1997?  And if so, did the trailer attend any rallies or caravans
that were noted in the directory?  (Yes, I know I told the kids the
trailer talks to me, but it hasn't told me where it's been, just that it
wants to go again, now!)

Another thought...Noting through the documentation I have how many times
the VIN number was mis-transcribed on documents, I think it would be
pretty difficult
to compile a history of our Vintage trailers by VIN...That would be a
spreadsheet task that would daunt even our very able and appreciated
webmaster!  (Thanks for all your hard work RJ!)

FWIW

Judy White, Bellevue (Seattle East)
72 27' Int'l Ambassador, 01 250Powersmoke
WBCCI #5040, VAC
mailto:dmurtha@seanet.com