[VAC] Re: plumbing

Linda,
I have had some VERY recent experience fixing what you are talking about
fixing. (today in fact!) It all depends on what model airstream you have as
to the exact way the plumbing is arranged but it sounds like you have
virtually the same setup as mine. I have bypassed my pump due to leakage and
fixed faulty hose using high pressure plastic hose and hose clamps. you
should take out the stove which is a breeze. only 4 small screws on mine and
the gas line to disconnect. it  weighs about 40 - 50 pounds and is a two
person job. after that you can get to the pump (on my model). using a little
common sense you can see where the water comes in and goes to the pre filter
and then to the pump and then to the filter and then to the sink (again on
my model) i took some pictures but they will be a few days in developing and
then scanning to put them on the web. i can draw a diagram if you like when
you are ready to get down to business.

although i have recent experience with this i can't say i have a lot of
experience. the part about using high pressure plastic tubing and hose
clamps may not be the best thing but works as at least a temporary measure.
if you don't get them tight they will leak! - as i found out today with
water spraying all over the underside of my galley sink and furnace!
Always use at least two clamps.

someone else may have a better plan for longer term. that is something i
will need to know in the near future. has anyone completely replaced their
pressurized plumbing with a material other than copper? (pvc?)
--
Rusty Coonfield
rusty@coonfield.net