[VAC] Re: 4-prong to 7-hole adaptor

Its not a big deal to change the connector. The older Airstreams used a
different set of pin connections than what the RV industry eventually
adopted, so you have to correct that while changing the connector. My
Caravel had already been corrected, but last summer I changed the
connector just to get away from corroded contacts (and I protected them
with silicone dielectric grease to keep the new connector working
longer). I don't think it took me a half an hour. Working out which wire
was which without the owner's manual describing the connections and wire
color will take longer.

There probably isn't a 4 pin to 7 round pin adapter. It wouldn't work
the back up lights, the brakes, nor charge the trailer battery either
since four pins is only enough for two turn signals, running lights, and
ground.

Gerald