[VAC] Re: Spare Wheel Information Needed

I've been out to measure my '68 Caravel spare.

The tire is 7.75-15 Goodyear.

The wheel is 5" wide. I measured 3-3/8" from a stick nestled on the
outside of the flange (inside the turned out rim bead) to the mounting
surface. That computes to an offset of +13/16" allowing the rim to be
1/16" thick. The rim measures 5-1/8" outside at the bead seat, it should
be 5" inside but there's a tire on mine and I'm not moving it just to
measure it.

The pilot hole is 2-5/8" diameter. The bolt holes are 5/8" diameter. The
bolt circle is 4.5" diameter.

I didn't find any identifying marks on the rim.

The 7.75-15 tire can handle 1580 pounds load at 45 psi. The rim must be
at least as strong.

Gerald J.