[VAC] water heater done

I want to thank Joy, who provided lots of off-line information and support,
and all the others on the list that helped me with the water heater.  I
finally got it in and hooked up and sealed with no leaks.  Whew.   It was an
exercise in not giving up and a learning experience.  I learned to solder,
but there was one connection up against the black water tank that I could
not solder.  I found some stuff called "Copper Bond" at Home Depot.  It is
an epoxy glue and is made to "weld" copper pipes.  You cannot take the
connection apart, but I can tell you it works!  The thing is in.  We have
hot water.  I want to double check the gas system for leaks.

Next, I have the supplies to patch the hole in the side.  The Olympic rivets
came from Airstream Dreams and the sheet metal from McMaster Carr, who
kindly sent me a 12" by 12" sheet of aluminum for the patch.  This is great.

Now I am trying to figure how to get the holes EXACTLY an inch or an inch
and a half apart and EXACTLY a half inch from the side, so the patch looks
professional.  Also, should I coat the inside with a thin coat of vulkem to
seal it?   Anyway thanks to all and I am having fun.  This is almost as much
fun as the actual camping.  :)

Jerry  2982
1971 Tradewind 25 foot
2000 diesel Excursion