[VAC] Re: 9.3Amp A/C? with solar? Generator for air conditioner?

Well if I have done my math right the solar system i would need would start
at about:
-$675 for batteries to power a 10 amp air conditioner for about 8-9 hours
-$975 for the inverter to invert the DC to AC current (A/C uses 1307 watts)
-$450 for the controller to regulate charging and discharging of the
batteries from the solar panels (2 x 20watt)
-I didn't bother to look at prices for the actual solar panels.

i guess I will get an $800-$1000 generator.
all this info came from this site:
http://rvsolar.com/index.htm
very informative in simple to understand terms (i read it two or three
times)
i would love to have solar and i will someday but i am definitely giving up
on powering the A/C with solar and batteries!!!

anyone know where to get a good deal on honda or better genserator????

Jill, ive heard that you might have some thoughts on this situation. does
this look right?

for reference for anyone in the market for low power A/C:

http://www.rvcomfort.com/html/rvproducts/products/rooftop/standard/Mach_3-1_
PS.html

thanks! :-)
-rusty coonfield