[VAC] A/C removal per Bob Kiger

Bob,

First, Mary Jane and I viewed your web site and really enjoyed how you have your Safari set up at the park.  Makes me want to do the same thing.  But I'm also going to have the A/C removed from our '75 Tradewind this upcoming Tuesday.  I'm driving down to the factory at Jackson Center, OH to have the work done by the professionals.  I just wouldn't know where to begin to do the work myself.  They're going to rivet and seal a piece of Aluminum to the outside, insulate, and rivit a piece of inside skin in place.  They said it was a fairly easy job (for them) and wouldn't really take that long.  I was quoted total cost to be somewhere around $400-500, which considering the total job, really isn't that bad.  The only problem quoted to me over the phone was that it probably would be impossible to match the inside skin decor, but the folks at the factory service center did say they probably could get very close.  Now, I'm absolutely ! ! certain I could do the job cheaper myself, but considering the balancing job of getting the A/C off the roof, and forming a new piece of aluminum in place, I'm very happy to part with a few hundred bucks.  I'll keep you posted on how the work turns out, and also the grade and thickness of aluminum used.

Robert